At CitySwift, we are building a world-class engineering team to digitally transform public transport in major cities around the world. We are looking for a graduate engineer to join a rapidly growing team, solving interesting and complex technological problems with real-world solutions. You must love to code both personally and professionally, interested in using the latest technologies(We use Kotlin, Java, React.js, Google Cloud) and get excited by and have the ambition to grow with the company as we scale up.
CitySwift has a positive, dynamic, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day.
Today, we analyse billions of data points for a selection of the world’s largest transport companies, shipping a product that constantly delivers for clients and exceeds expectations.
As a Graduate Software Engineer you will be part of a team of CitySwift software engineers, working on our main products by adding new features using the latest technologies and tools, all while adhering to software development best practices and coding quality standards. Together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you’ll be doing
- Working on and overcoming complex problems
- Building API’s on our backend using Kotlin & Spring Boot
- Building on top of our databases to get the most out of our data
- Working on our Frontend with the latest version of React
- Maintaining a high quality of code and adhering to the Software Engineering teams principles
- Continuously creating and maintaining tests of your own features
- Taking ownership of of multiple features across multiple products
- Working with engineering & product in an open and collaborative environment
What you should have
- Completed or currently working towards a BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, algorithm design, data structures, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Experience working on the end to end development of software projects
- Back-end experience with Kotlin/Java or Python
- Experience with SQL
- Understanding of software best practices and design patterns
What we can offer you:
- Opportunity to make your mark in a high growth Irish Tech Company
- Work directly with and learn from our 2 Co-Founders every day
- Use cutting edge tools to enable our team to deliver
- The product is scaling, with constant engagement and feedback from users and clients to inform the development roadmap.
- Ideas are listened to and encouraged. Experts are allowed to make decisions
- Open, transparent culture where everyone is kept informed and committed to the company's future.
- We hire the best so that everyone can learn from each other
- Flexible hours and remote working opportunities
- Generous Healthcare
- Bike to Work & Taxsaver commuter scheme
- Competitive compensation
- Active social club where employees are encouraged to have fun together both inside and outside of work!