Job Type: Product
Digital Theatre+ is pioneering a new era of arts education as the leading on-demand platform for the performing arts. We distribute a stunning curated collection of live performance, behind-the-scenes content, interviews with leading practitioners and other curriculum-linked learning resources, servicing four million students and 2,300+ institutions globally.
Digital Theatre’s on-demand educational content streaming platform is being rebuilt from the ground-up. An extensive initial project of user research, UX and UI has been completed in partnership with an external agency, and the build is now moving into production. This is a unique opportunity to join a proven and maturing business, but as part of a growing product and technology team to deliver on a new vision.
You will develop and look after product roadmaps and features based on business strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional: you will work closely with engineering, education, content, partnerships, marketing and sales teams to bring new products and features to market.
● Lead the development of Education-focused product strategy and vision, with best-in- class consumer product ambitions, supported by internal and external analysis.
● Create and own product road maps based on company strategy and vision, and provide day-to-day direction to cross-functional teams to ensure the achievement of growth objectives including market share, revenue, profit and return on investment.
● Develop business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each new feature.
● Shaping user stories to enable swift delivery.
● Manage prioritisation and trade-offs between the needs of different business units.
● Ensure key stakeholders own the product vision.
● Be the voice of the customer and use evidence-based decision making.
● Professional experience of successfully managing consumer-facing web and mobile applications. This is not an entry level position.
● Experience of producing product road maps and development schedules.
● Experience in pro-actively engaging with customers and conducting user testing.
● Experience interfacing with a cross-functional team to define and prioritise business needs against product features and roadmap.
● Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations, drive actions, and monitor impacts.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior stakeholders.
● Excellent attitude towards teamwork – particularly in small and/or new product and engineering teams - and evidence of strong learning and execution mindset.
● Professional experience of education and/or video-led products and services
● Familiarity with Next.js/React Web Applications, Okta Customer Identity, Contentful
Content Management, AWS Lambda, Serverless, AWS Video on Demand.
● Professional experience with Learning Management Solutions, e.g. Google Classroom.
Our benefits include 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and an additional day off on your birthday), a Wellness Wednesday each month, enhanced maternity/paternity leave and a social committee that runs an end of year retrospective as well as organising a nice variety of culture-building events. Digital Theatre has a central London office but we are open to remote working candidates.
Applying for the role:
We are building a balanced team in an inclusive environment and we welcome applications from all. Please send your CV a short email/ cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.