Job Type: HR
Game Closure is on the hunt for a Human Resource Manager, during an exciting period of growth for our company. We’re the industry leader in messenger games. You may know us from our breakout hit on Facebook Instant Games, EverWing; one of the winners of Facebook’s ‘Games of the Year’ award. We are also known on LINE Quick Games with Battle Cats Galaxy, and we helped launch Snapchat's new game platform with Snake Squad. We're a fast growing global company doing big things, so you'll be working on a wide range of tasks. You will work with top tier employees to make your dent in the mobile universe!
As an H R Manager, you will oversee all things employee relations, plans and manage all aspects of human resources activities, including but not limited to employee relations, onboarding/offboarding, employee engagement, and compensation. company’s global studios HR, providing a consistent approach in line with Game Closure culture while respecting geographic and cultural differences.
● Experience managing employee relations matters in a start-up environment.
● Develop new and/or existing HR tools, policies, procedures, and practices; make recommendations for improvements and changes.
● Interpret and apply an understanding of Game Closure’s policies, employment laws, and compliances.
● Work to promote an innovative and creative culture where employees can achieve high levels of job satisfaction and productivity.
● Partnership with Game Closure’s Talent Team to anticipate hiring needs and challenges and provide input into solutions; plans and manages employee orientation/ onboarding activities to foster positive attitude toward studio goals and integration of new hires.
● Work closely with our legal department to coordinate work permits and visas for any foreign employees/candidates.
● Analyze salary reports and create a global comprehensive and competitive compensation program that is industry specific and aligns with organizational objectives.
● Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation; conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
● Thorough understanding of human resources principles and practices, including but not limited to wage and hour, employment law, safety, and immigration.
● Ability to work flexibly and calmly in order to effectively respond to multiple changing business priorities
● A perceptive, strong listener who can relate to individuals at all levels and is able to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees, and the general public
● Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
● Strong interpersonal skills.
● Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
● Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Ability to work with global time zones.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business, other relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
● 5+ years of broad HR knowledge and experience.
● This position requires an experienced, data-driven, analytical, collaborative and influential HR professional who can work effectively within creative teams.
● Proven record leading, and delivering high quality HR services across all disciplines to all levels of employees.
● Strong team player who builds collaborative relationships with Operations and Talent team.
● Proven success utilizing employee attraction, engagement, and retention strategies.
● Superior interpersonal, and communications skills (both written and verbal).
● High degree of business acumen; results oriented with an ability to work independently.
● Able to excel in an ever-changing environment using a leadership mindset.
● Self-starter, highly motivated and achievement oriented.
● Able to maintain a strict code of confidentiality and discretion.
● Human resources experience in the gaming industry
● Experience in international employment law
● Bilingual - Japanese/English