At Grow Remote we’re driven by the vision of a world where employment is both visible and accessible to everyone everywhere. We started with a group of 24 people in a WhatsApp group who were mission driven with a bias for action. We’re grounded in our values. We are human. We empower others. We champion others. We assume good intent. We believe that local impact is the most powerful tool in national change, and we can make that happen.
1.5 years in, having engaged over 1million, ran over 200 educational events, built the first national training course in remote and raised 500k, we’re hiring for our first General Manager.
Changing Ireland is not a marathon or a sprint, but a relay race. The general manager will take us to the next phase, supported by the community, our funders, and an experienced board of directors. They’ll drive fundamental change through the island of Ireland.
The role will include:
- Hiring and managing a team of 2 others with the possibility of expansion
- Understanding the fast moving marketplace to uncover what the next best steps are
- Working with various stakeholders from funders to government groups and private companies and community members
- Evangelise remote, representing Grow Remote at events & engagements
- Building the operational plan to deliver on the strategic goals set by the board of directors which is to create jobs encompassing (1) transition companies from in office to remote (2) create a remote ready workforce (3) support the wider ecosystem development (4) drive advocacy of hubs
- Driving trading income lines and hitting revenue targets to ensure the organisation stays sustainable
- Living our values on a daily basis
The ideal candidate for this role
- Has a growth mindset and is empathic, kind and naturally gives first.
- Has 15+ years experience building teams
- Has excellent communication skills and is highly organised
- Has demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills
- Has experience in remote working and leading remote teams
- Is willing to do the big and small things with equal conviction: you'll be expected to work strategically but not be afraid to work on the ground
- Has some experience in community development
- Experience operating in a lean environment
- Permitted to work in Republic of Ireland
- Big plus: experience transitioning companies from in office to remote.
Report to: Board of Directors
Equipment: We will supply you will the tools you need to do your job well (MacBook Pro, screen, peripherals)
Benefits: Great salary, flexible working hours & the chance to fundamentally change Ireland
Location: Anywhere in the Republic of Ireland - fully remote
Canvassing is strictly prohibited.