Paramount has been at the forefront of financial technology innovation, and has become a trusted partner to hundreds of leading merchants around the world.
We enable merchants to access the global banking system for reliable and secure consumer financial data intelligence and payment processing.
Paramount originated in Toronto and has grown to include offices in, Vancouver, London, Malta, and Las Vegas.
We are a global team of smart, dedicated people committed to finding ground-breaking solutions to ecommerce challenges. We foster an inclusive, collaborative environment where all voices are heard, all people are respected, and all triumphs are celebrated. We also recognize that leading-edge innovation means doing things that have never been done before. Sometimes we’ll fail. That’s good, because we learn from failure, take what we learn, and move on to success.
We are seeking a Senior Compliance Manager & MLRO to join our Compliance team. You will work remotely and be based in the greater Dublin area.
What will you do?
- Be the MLRO for our UK and Ireland subsidiaries, responsible for the regulatory filings and reporting.
- Execute a Compliance Management Program for our UK and Ireland subsidiaries, ensuring all required actions are identified and addressed.
- Ensure required documentation (Compliance manual, AML manual) is up to date.
- Ensure our UK and Ireland subsidiaries meet its regulatory reporting requirements and that appropriate management information is provided to the Board.
- Ensure our UK and Ireland subsidiary's Crime/Money Laundering procedures are kept up to date at all times and staff notified of changes.
- Maintain the UK and Ireland subsidiary's authorization with the required regulatory bodies.
- Participate in the European Compliance monthly compliance calls, managing the agenda and documenting and disseminating the decisions taken.
- Be appointed the Corporate Secretary for our UK and Ireland subsidiaries managing Board meetings, creation of Board briefing packages and documenting decisions taken.
- Attend meetings of the Electronic Money Association as a company representative.
- Monitor and advise on potential impacts of proposed legislative and regulatory changes affecting our UK and Ireland subsidiaries.
- Research and anticipate new and emerging regulatory issues that could affect our UK and Ireland subsidiaries, especially on industry-specific issues.
You will have/be:
- 3 + years experience as an MLRO
- Industry accreditation in the field of anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing; industry qualifications such as ICA or ACAMS preferable
- Able to obtain and retain required regulatory approvals to undertake MLRO role
- Knowledge of relevant regulation (PSD2, GDPR and Data Protection, EU AML Directives)
- Knowledge of relevant legislation (Payment Service and Money Laundering)
- Experienced in a high growth environment
- Experience working within compliance in a regulated industry such as banking, payments, or gambling industries
- Experience interacting with regulators and risk management knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills; able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, and work collaboratively as part of a team
- Able to quickly grasp regulatory and business issues and provide tailored advice
- Comfortable dealing with a wide range of issues from small to large, with a sense for what is important based on a solid understanding of commercial and business priorities
- Able to work independently
- Detail-oriented; able to manage and adapt to changing priorities
Due to COVID-19, the interview process, on-boarding, training and all work undertaken for this role will be conducted remotely.
At Paramount, we celebrate diversity and know that our company is stronger with a multicultural team that brings different experiences and backgrounds to the job. We also know that your work team isn’t your only team. Work-life balance isn’t just something we say; it’s something we live.
Paramount welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
By submitting an application to us, you acknowledge, understand, and agree to our use of your personal data as set out in our Recruitment Privacy Notice. Read more about our Recruitment Privacy Notice.