Phorest powers over 7,000 hair and beauty salons using our software in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Finland and the USA. Our aim is to capture 25% of the market globally – that’s one million salons and a billion dollar company.
Our system touches every point of the salon experience. We have the in-salon software desktop application, Phorest Go (the native staff application), online bookings website for salons, and custom native apps per salon. In a typical month, Phorest processes 3 million appointments and we send over 3 million SMS and 4 million emails. We process 200k online bookings per month and over 200 custom built white label native apps.
We are taking on an ambitious product rebuild and would like to add a new member to the team. You will join a small group of highly skilled engineers in building exciting new features and rethinking old to extend our platform. Given we are a small team of engineers, you will have autonomy and control to shape our product vision and have a big impact on it.
You will be a key member in a multi-disciplinary team, designing and building the future of our multi-tenant SAAS platform.
What we're looking for
- Understanding the complexities of the DOM and CSS
- The ability to reason about trade-offs when discussing frontend technologies
- Experience with at least one modern frontend framework like Ember (preferred) , React, Angular or Vue
- Ability to inspire and motivate, to improve quality and productivity, maintaining technical innovation and excellence
- Developers own their work from start to finish. We don’t have an operations team and we deploy and monitor the areas of the system we work in as part of our day to day. Experience with or willingness to learn Docker and AWS desired.
- Experience working in scrum environment.
What you'll do
- Work on greenfield projects to build out our frontend architecture
- Push the boundaries of modern frontend development to build fast ambitious web applications that will delight our clients
- Work closely with our product team to build features that have a significant business impact
- Proactively identify bottlenecks and improve our frontend developer experience
- Work with our design team to build elegant and intuitive UI components
- Understand our business context deeply and leverage your engineering knowledge to come up with creative solutions to problems
- Work in a small nimble team comprising of technical experts
- Quality & high standards really matter to us - you will focus on continually applying high coding standards, excellent attention to detail and a methodological work process.
- Demonstrate proper coding techniques including maintainability, reuse, clean code, unit testing and driving standards within the team.
- Develop automated unit test and acceptance tests to ensure software meets design criteria.
- Never stop learning, pursue the latest technologies, seek the best solutions. Always look to improve.
- Coach and help teammates through code reviews and whiteboarding sessions
- Be that person who gets involved at a team level on designing and implementing solutions.
- Someone that challenges the norm and isn’t afraid to voice their opinion.
Phorest is an equal opportunity employer. For this position, flexi-time and working from home is possible - get in touch to ask for more information or to chat about your future with Phorest! We are open to remote candidates.