With Prolific, we're changing how research on the internet is done. Katia and Phelim started by building a marketplace that connects researchers (from both Academia and industry) with instant, high quality, global research participants. Now, as a growing team of 25, the bigger vision is to build the most powerful and trusted platform for research on the internet.
We've been part of Y Combinator's Summer 2019 batch, we've recently closed a $1.4M seed round, we're growing fast, we're already profitable and we have very ambitious plans. Come join our exciting company!
Our two-sided marketplace and ambitious growth plans come with many challenges in supporting our customers, and helping them make the most of the platform. We need to balance the needs of researchers with supporting high-quality participant growth to millions of users. The ideal candidate will probably have led a customer success, support, or operations team in a high-growth startup environment.
Together with our Support Team you will work towards these key goals:
- You’ll be responsible for the day-to-day leadership and management of Prolific's Support function and team. This includes setting goals and targets, and monitoring that we're performing against agreed KPIs and SLAs.
- Represent the customer voice and share insights throughout the wider business, and help initiate product improvements.
- Help scale our team to cope with the next level of platform and user growth.
This will likely involve some or all of the following:
- Scale our Support function and team as we grow from 10,000s to millions of active users.
- Identify and leverage opportunities for growth (especially around onboarding and retaining customers over time).
- Define and lead the Support Team planning meetings and processes, including drafting written specifications of improvements to features, processes or policies for the platform.
- Use data and other insights to optimise our current processes to create better experiences for customers.
- Line manage the Support Team members and make key decisions when any issues or concerns arise for our users (including researchers and participants).
- Communicate regularly and work cross-functionally with our Product and Growth Teams on Customer Success/Support and assist in design/implementation and QA.
- Develop and document best practices for support processes and product improvements.
- Contribute to the company's overall strategy and help hit the company’s overall targets and goals.
You will have:
- 3+ years experience in a high-growth tech startup (preferably with management experience).
- Excellent leadership, communication, planning, and social-emotional skills.
- Interest in Behavioral Science, Psychology and/or scientific research and a desire to learn about the research space.
- Humility, rigour, optimism and a desire to learn and grow fast.
What we offer:
- Meaningful share option allocation and salary depending on experience.
- Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary).
- Flexible working: Work equipment of your choice (paid for by us), and you can work flexibly from home or from our coworking space (also paid for by us).
- Flexible hours: We have core hours of 10am - 3pm (with an hour for lunch), but the rest is up to you.
- Childcare flexibility: Need to pick your child up from school? No problem.
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays (which you can switch with your religious holiday).
- £1000 yearly budget for education, growth, and training.
- Personal growth opportunities and career progression (e.g., learn about the startup ecosystem, mentoring from executive team, learn about psychological science and research methods).
- Open, transparent, and inclusive culture.
- A company committed to carbon offsetting: we donate money in your name each month to plant trees and we offset travel as an organization each year.
- Generous maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave.