The Horkan Group is widely identified with excellence in horticulture and pets in Ireland. The group has grown its business to include four award-winning Garden & Lifestyle Centres, nine Petworld stores and two Pet Food Depot stores with ecommerce across all brands. We serve customers across the whole of Ireland and are educating people on national TV, national Radio and digital media.
We are looking for a Customer led Head of Marketing to lead our team and work closely with other departments to ensure a coordinated approach to our customer engagement and marketing campaigns. As our Marketing Manager , your main duties will be to focus on the success and growth of our customers and team. To educate our customers and consumers about our products and services while encouraging them to act as advocates. If you love helping people and are customer-centric, you will love this job.
Core Job Responsibilities:
To manage and Lead our marketing team to deliver on business objectives and marketing strategy for the Horkans Group. To grow our customer base and become a Brand community led business. Key Areas – Brand community, Customer growth and service, Team leadership, Marketing Strategy, Content Marketing, Brand Management, Marketing campaigns & events, Ecommerce, Digital Sales, Innovation and Design.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and aligned strategic multi channel marketing plan which is personalized, engaging and relevant to our customer base
- Champion Horkans brand community and grow loyal customers into advocates through our customer success program. Grow our customer base in line with business objectives
- Team coach - manage, educate, motivate, recruit and lead marketing team. Grow and nurture internal advocates across the business
- Manage marketing budget for all staffing, resources and capital purchases
- Deliver agreed goals and objectives for the company’s Omni marketing strategy. Using consumer insights to guide the marketing campaigns and inspire high quality creative. Be accountable for measuring and reporting on campaign results
- As a senior member of the management team, play a leading role in the development and agreement of Marketing elements of plans, strategy, budgets and forecasts
- Create, measure and analyse key performance data, report to the group directors, and translate into actionable recommendations and plans for the team
- Ensure Horkans brand message is strong and consistent across all channels, social media and events
- Develop our content marketing strategy. Achieve consistent high quality relevant engaging content and storytelling across the business.
- Optimise e-commerce websites and digital platform communications to grow traffic, conversion, revenues and customers economically
- Analyse customer purchasing behaviours to determine strategies to optimise their engagement and profitability
- Work with Purchasing and Operation to develop a Category Management approach to maximise online and offline sales including drop ship.
Primary Degree & or Post Grad in a Business or Marketing.
- 5 plus years experience in consumer marketing, with 2 years in a Marketing Manager role
- In-depth knowledge of current best practice in traditional and online marketing.
- Digital marketing experience, with proven ability to plan, create result driven marketing campaigns which deliver a high level of sales and ROI.
- Experience in growing a brand community, brand development, storytelling and creative design.
- Experience of the marketing budgetary process and an ability to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Retail experience an advantage.
- Focused, energetic and professional individual with the ability to work on their own initiative
- Keen interest in learning as much as possible about our customers and the people we are creating communications for in order to increase sales
- Proficient in design, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- A high degree of relevant IT competence, google platform, email platforms, (experience in the use of a CRM system would be an advantage)
- Project management, Agile Marketing and Design Thinking skill and advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as exacting attention to detail
- Strong management and organisation ability
If the above excites you, Please apply with your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com telling us a little bit about you & why you feel you would be suitable for this role!
Horkans is an equal opportunity employer.