The Rocket.Chat Apps Team is responsible for the Apps-Engine framework, which allows developers to make plugins (apps) to extend Rocket.Chat's functionality without having to deep dive into the core codebase. Along with the framework itself, we work on official integrations through the Apps-Engine, maintain the tooling around it and integrate Rocket.Chat with our Marketplace
For this job position we are seeking a professional that meets the following expectations:
- Improve, maintain and add APIs on the Apps-Engine framework.
- Implement modern JS tooling to improve app development experience (DX).
- Support in getting info from our users to create a better and more developer friendly project.
- Review code contributed by the community and coworkers
- Create and maintain documentation for all new features.
- Triage bugs reported by the community.
- Make quality and easy to maintain code.
- Take initiative to improve our workflow and development experience.
- Understand OOP concepts.
- Strong understanding of Node.js
- Experience with unity testing.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Familiarity with TypeScript is a plus.
- Food and / or meal vouchers;
- Health plan
Our culture and working climate:
- Relaxed, inspiring environment with many opportunities for you to challenge yourself, develop and build a successful journey;
- Flexible schedule;
- Feedback culture (1: 1 and development plan);
- Nescafé coffee machine to replenish energy;
- Cup equipped with refrigerator, microwave and utensils;
- English in Company;
- Recreation area with video game, pool table, foosball and resting space;
- Celebrations and happy hours;
- No dress code: Dress the way you feel comfortable;