Who we are
Frankli is on a mission to make work more people centric. We empower organisations with distributed teams to improve engagement, retention and performance of their top people. Our team is growing to meet the increased demand we’re seeing from new customers.
We're a hard-working, outgoing, get-things-done type of team that is building a platform that connects people, increases retention and ultimately, helps businesses become more successful. At Frankli, we roll our sleeves up, we act fast to customer feedback, and we learn together. We're looking for people that will do the same.
What we need
We are looking to add a Senior full stack developer to our growing team and take a leading role in the technical direction of our exciting product. You will lead a development team in the design and implementation of new features for our expanding client portfolio. If you’re looking to join a scaling startup and you’re willing to work hard to solve some complex problems for a very large market, then we are looking for you.
What you will do
- Collaborate with the founding team of designers, developers, product & domain experts, and work towards transforming ideas into unique, human experiences for current and future customers
- Develop technical plans and contribute to our technical architecture as we scale our products globally
- Bringing up-to-date expertise in web technologies to the team and applying this to the development, execution, and improvement of our products.
- Design core component architecture and conduct design and code reviews
- Grow our engineering capacity by mentoring other engineers and interviewing candidates. This is a chance to be an integral part of building and growing a fantastic team.
- Contribute to our culture of shipping quality, well designed product and being nimble to ever changing priorities and customer feedback
- 5+ years of industry experience in a software engineering role, preferably building a SaaS product where you can demonstrate significant impact that your work has had on the product and/or the team.
- Extensive hands-on development and delivery experience primarily in Java with a broad mix of languages and technologies
- Great Object Oriented coding practices, including strong design patterns knowledge, Refactoring, Clean Code, Encapsulation etc and enterprise integration
- Solid understanding of the practical application of agile development methods and leading software development teams in an Agile/Lean/Continuous Delivery environment
- Previous experience in Spring framework (Boot, MVC, Security, DataJPA, Events)
- Working knowledge and experience in JPA and Hibernate
- Strong SQL skills preferably with MySql
- Experience implementing CI/CD pipelines preferably with Bitbucket
- Experience with cloud development & deployments
- Demonstrated experience in testing frameworks; JUnit, Cucumber… (and testing practices: TDD, BDD)
- Experience collaborating directly with product teams and designers, and a proven track record of delivering value to customers.
- Desire to contribute to the wider technical community through collaboration, coaching, and mentoring of others
And we’d be super impressed if you have:
- Experience in building and supporting high volume Progressive Web Applications
- Thorough understanding of techniques to have browser compatibility, backwards and forwards.
- Strong understanding and experience with Infrastructure performance and optimization techniques
- AWS experience (EB, EKS, Route51, Networking, Lambda, S3, Cloudfront, ApiGateway)
- Startup mentality with enterprise awareness. That means you can manage competing priorities, that you’re ready to pivot or adjust plans quickly for both you and your team.
- Experience contributing to the professional community as a speaker, author or online contributor
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing early stage start-up
- Autonomy to make what you will; a team, a product or even just a way of doing things at an exciting time in our journey as a start-up
- An entrepreneurial working environment. If you can make a case for a project that fits with our vision, you’ll likely be able to execute it
- The right equipment you need to get your job done
- A healthier pace of life and commute to work
- Flexible and relaxed holiday policy so you can take time off when you need to
- Flexible and remote working opportunities as we grow