In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is, it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of more than 240 employees, including world-class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now, we’re creating category-defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America.
We’re just getting started.
About the team:
The content marketing team communicates with our attendees and draws them to our events around the world. The team sits within the company’s wider marketing function, and includes a copy team. We’re looking for someone to lead that copy team, which works to edit and publish our written content at high standards to ensure the best possible reader experience.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You’ll manage the copy team, deciding how Web Summit talks about its events and its place in the wider tech industry
- You will help Web Summit address the most important issues in tech and global affairs, tying together our blogs, case studies, collateral and company literature
- You will collaborate across functions to define and deliver an effective content marketing strategy, editorial calendar and inbound marketing strategies to meet our business objectives
- You’ll strategise and pitch content ideas for each stage of the marketing funnel for our different attendee types, then delegate these and ensure they’re executed
- You’ll create and manage processes to prioritise inbound copy tasks, delegating and ensuring weekly team output is high
- You’ll balance multiple priorities at a time, conceptualising and developing ideas and messages around business and marketing objectives
- You’ll rise to challenging briefs and work closely with our design team to develop editorial projects, such as special reports
- You’ll be listened to. No matter how crazy your ideas seem!
Who you are:
- You are highly strategic and you can write and edit clear, persuasive, original copy
- You have have a demonstrable understanding of tech and current affairs
- You have experience managing a team and working with others on cross-functional projects
- You’re an excellent communicator with an eye for detail
- You are comfortable making fast, independent decisions and possess a well-honed sense of urgency
- You are versatile, and have the ability to handle multiple pieces of copy and responsibilities across platforms calmly, efficiently and to the highest standard
- You’re invested in developing captivating content, finding new ways to engage with your audience and capturing their interest
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Outstanding writing and grammar, and a track record of generating probing copy
- Desire to be part of a fast-paced and varied business environment where flexibility is a must and direction can change quickly
- Experience working and reporting in the tech sector, following the trends and innovations
- Experience managing a busy copy team, investing in individual growth and leading from the front
- Strong editorial sense and confidence to run campaigns, working closely with key internal stakeholders
At WebSummit, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We want talent from all walks of life to help us on our journey to digitise the conference sector. Hiring decisions are made purely on experience, skills and the needs of the business.