At Doist, our mission is to inspire the workplace of the future by creating simple yet powerful productivity tools that promote a more fulfilling way to work and live.
We’re a multidisciplinary, fully remote team that’s passionate about creating products, like Todoist and Twist, that improve people’s lives. We thrive on innovating new solutions to old productivity challenges and we seek to rethink how productivity tools are made.
Our Core Values
They are few, but they are mighty. From creating processes to decision-making and recruiting, we build our five core values into nearly every single thing we do.
- Independence. Others can trust that you’ll deliver on time and your teammates don’t need to worry about you keeping your word.
- Mastery. You love what you do and care deeply about the quality of your work, down to the smallest details. You’re continuously learning and pushing yourself to the limits of your ability. You’re never satisfied with the status-quo.
- Communication. Your communication is clear, concise, and engaging whether you’re explaining a complex idea or providing feedback to a teammate.
- Ambition & Balance. You aspire to put a dent in the universe. To do this, you set high standards for yourself and those around you. The time you spend on work isn’t measured by quantity, but by quality.
- Impact. You’re able to take a bird’s eye view to pinpoint and then solve issues that have a high impact on our customers, our team, and our company. You’re committed to the health and success of both your teammates and Doist as a company.
We invite you to visit our blog to learn more about us, our values, and how we work.
Doist’s Design team crafts engaging experiences to make people’s lives more productive. Whether brainstorming marketing pages or functional interfaces, Design is always a core priority for Doist. We are now looking for a talented Product Designer to join our international team of Product Designers, Marketing Designers and Illustrators.
As a Product Designer at Doist, you’ll have an opportunity to collaborate not only with the other designers in the team but also with members of the development, marketing, and support teams. We always work together to create engaging, intuitive, easy to use, and delightful applications and experiences that promote balance in our users’ lives.
And because at Doist, we aim to create the best cross-platform apps, you will always be working on cross-platform solutions for both our products—Todoist and Twist.
To thrive as a Product Designer at Doist you are:
- Experienced with 3+ years in product design roles.
- Skilled and experienced in user experience and interface design, with a portfolio that demonstrates your skills.
- Experienced and comfortable working across different platforms Android, iOS, macOS and Web. And you know in depth the Google Material Design and Apple Human Interface Guidelines.
- Experienced with accessibility, animations, and user flows.
- Able to form, prototype, and clearly communicate your ideas and decisions.
- Experience using at least one of the following design tools–Sketch, Figma, or Adobe XD.
- A user advocate.
- Able to work well on cross-functional and iterative teams.
- Responsible, self-motivated, and comfortable taking the initiative.
- Attentive to the finer details and love what you do.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Comfortable communicating with a multicultural team with diverse communication styles, in multiple time zones.
- Strong animation and video editing skills.
- Experience creating and maintaining design libraries.
- Experience running user testing sessions.
- Icon and illustration work.
- Knowledge of coding technologies and GIT.
A complete application includes:
- A resume or manually entered experience (you can choose your preference).
- Thoughtful, thorough responses to all the application questions. No cover letter needed!
Applications will be accepted until June 30th (or as long as the role is listed at doist.com/jobs). Invitations to the hiring process will be set out during the first week of July. The process will be as follows:
- Interview with Ana F., our Head of Design.
- We’ll ask you to complete a test task.
- Interview with Alex M., a member of our Design team.
- Interview with Amir S., our Founder & CEO.
Our perks and benefits are designed to provide the freedom and support you need to grow personally and professionally. Here’s what that looks like:
- Work from anywhere in the world. We never place restrictions on locations.
- Design your own schedule. Work no more than 40 hours/week.
- Competitive pay. Our formula-based salary calculation provides a highly competitive rate based on your skills and location.
Expand your professional skills
- Pursue personal projects. All Doisters get one month per year to spend on a work-related project they’re passionate about.
- Attend conferences. You’ll have a recurring budget to spend on attending conferences that grow your professional knowledge, skills, and network.
- Company retreats. Our annual company-wide retreats are unforgettable.
Craft your ideal work environment
- Cozy up at a coworking space. Find a coworking space that’s right for you and Doist will cover the expense.
- Apps and services budget. You’ll have a monthly budget to spend on services that help you do your job.
- Hardware budget. You’ll have access to a recurring budget to spend on work-related equipment.
Focus on your well-being
- Generous time off. Doisters get 8 weeks (40 days) of PTO/year to use as they wish on vacations and national holidays.
- Parental leave. New parents receive 5 weeks of paid parental leave in addition to 13 weeks of paid pregnancy-related medical leave.
- Invest in your health and wellness. You’ll have a monthly budget to spend on things like gym membership, healthy snacks, massages, health insurance, etc.