Visly is creating a visual UI development tool. By making a space where UI can be developed visually, rather than by writing code, we aim to make product development more efficient, fun, and accessible to everyone (particularly for designers). We hope you'll join us in that mission!
We're looking for a senior product designer to join our small and talented team and help define the future of the product. Reach out to Emil Sjölander (CEO) at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a small team, we work in a highly-collaborative environment and support flexible working patterns. You'll have the opportunity to participate in every part of the business from idea to production to marketing and set your own schedule while doing it. If you join us, you'll be able to:
- Shape our design practices, team, and company culture;
- Practice your craft in a fast-paced environment;
- Help define the direction of our product and strategy;
- Take ownership of core parts of the product design and user experience;
- Learn from and share your skills with the rest of our team; and
- Work remotely with a time schedule that suits you.
We're looking for experienced individual contributors who enjoy working alongside other experienced designers and engineers to design and iterate on UI/UX/features quickly. Your responsibilities would include:
- Designing the core, user-facing product. You'll work on, and own, core parts of the product experience. Visly is still in its very early days, so you'll be working on adding new features to the experience.
- Learning, iterating, shipping. You will have a direct communication channel to all Visly users where you can perform user testing and listen to problems our customers are facing. You'll be responsible for acting on that feedback quickly and efficiently.
- Self-directing your work and co-owning the product. You'll have autonomy and responsibility because we're all individual contributors. You'll be involved in shaping the roadmap and owning the execution of it. You'll build a tool that improves your own day-to-day life and that users love.
- Solving complex user experience problems. Bring your full creativity to solve complex problems. For many developers using Visly, it's the first time they come in touch with a design tool, and for the designers using Visly, it may be the first time they come in contact with code. This comes with a ton of interesting problems to solve.
We're looking for a strong design generalist. We'd like to hear from you if you are:
- Strategic. You know how to design for a specific objective. You act as the channel between the business and the user and understand the requirements of both.
- Evidence-driven. You don't just focus on data. You understand users' attitudes, beliefs, and motivations, balancing quantitative and qualitative research to widen your perspective.
- Adaptable. You have experience designing for user experience, design systems, interfaces, and creative, and can adapt to help our small team.
- Collaborative. You regularly work with interdisciplinary teams, involving others to determine design decisions. You focus more on how something should work over how something should look.
- Organized. You know how to prioritize and whether to do a quick fix or spend extra time perfecting the design.
- End-to-end. You have experience building from initial concept to launch for both new and existing products.
- Curious. You enjoy learning new things and can utilize your knowledge quickly to understand and solve the complex and precise problems we encounter.
- Code-interested. You have a good sense of how designs are implemented and appreciate the engineering trade-offs involved.
- Kind and caring. We pride ourselves on being friendly and inclusive. We expect the same from you.
We'll treat you well. If there are any other benefits that are important to you, we'd like to hear.
- Competitive salary and equity — scalable based on your desire for ownership.
- Paid time off — 4 weeks' paid vacation and generous sick & parental leave policies.
- Fully-distributed culture — live and work where you'd like (EU / US east time zones).
- Quarterly off-sites — or COVID-safe alternatives.
- Co-working space — company-paid co-working desk in your local community.
- Hardware setup — new MacBook Pro, display, and accessories.
Our interview process is completely remote and consists of 4 stages. During the process, you'll be able to meet multiple members of our team and discuss what their experience working at Visly has been like. Ask anything you'd like - we believe you should have the opportunity to interview us too! The interview process typically progresses in these stages:
- A 30-minute intro call with Emil Sjölander (CEO). Here, we can get to know a bit more about you and introduce you to Visly and the role.
- An hour-long interview with the Visly product team. Together, we'll learn more about previous projects you have worked on and dive deep into two case studies to understand the problems solved, the decisions you made and why you made them; then
- An hour-long brainstorming session with the Visly product team led by you. We will introduce a specific design problem we are currently facing at Visly. We'll give you enough background information for you to lead a discussion around possible solutions and trade-offs. The brainstorming session is conducted over video call and a shared Figma Artboard.; and finally
- A 30-45 minute interview with Emil, where we'll go into more detail on previous experiences, expectations for the role, career goals, and the like. You can think of this as an extension to the first introduction call. This is the last step before an offer would be made.
Interested in learning more about what it's like to be part of the small and incredibly talented team building Visly? Email us at email@example.com, with the email directed to Emil Sjölander. In addition to attaching your CV, you should ensure that you:
- Include the role's title in your subject line;
- Tell us briefly why you're interested in joining Visly; and
- Include/attach links to your portfolio and case studies that best show off your skills.
Diversity and inclusion are core to our culture. If you are a member of an underrepresented group in technology, we strongly encourage you to apply. Additionally, we are happy to make accommodations to our interview process for candidates with disabilities - if you are chosen for an interview and need accommodation, we will discuss and coordinate this with you while scheduling the first interview.
Want to join Visly, but the role's not the right fit? If you resonate with our mission and would love to contribute in another way, please get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org and pass along your CV and any other information you believe is relevant for consideration for future roles.